Prague can be easily reached from popular gateways to Europe including London, Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Zurich, Helsinki, Rome, Dubai etc. In addition, the trains and cars can be used from nearby cities as Berlin, Vienna and Munich.
The public transport is being recommended. It is quite reliable and safe, with the following prices (EUR 1,- = cca. CZK 25,-):
- basic – 90 minutes with the possibility to change tram/bus underground: CZK 32,-
- short-term – 30 minutes with the possibility to change tram/bus/underground: CZK 24,-
- non-limited 1-day ticket – 110,- CZK
- non-limited 3-days ticket – 310,- CZK
- details here
You can buy tickets in slot machines in the underground stations, in most newsstands, specialized public transport shops, Prague transport information centers at the airport and main railway station.
The way from the airport to the venue:
- either take an airport taxi (it should cost about CZK 600,-). A yellow AAA Taxi stand is located in the airport hall (http://www.prg.aero/en/parking-transport/transport/official-taxi/);
- or rent a car. The usual car rental companies (Avis, Hertz, Budget, Europcar, Sixt) and many other national ones are in the ground floor of the North-1 terminal building, and also in the Parking garage "C" (again, closer to North-1);
- by public transport: take the bus line 119 (direction Dejvická) to the terminal stop Dejvická (ca. 24 minutes). Then change to underground line A (direction Depo Hostivař) and get off at the third station, Staroměstská. (The journey takes ca. 30–45 minutes in total.)
From the airport to Dejvická stop you can also use non-stop AE (airport express) bus with special fare CZK 40 (common tickets are not valid on this bus).
All the long-distance trains arrive to the main railway station (Hlavní nádraží). The trains arriving from Berlin – Dresden stop at the Holešovice station, too.
The way to the venue:
- From Hlavní nádraží (main station): take the underground line C (direction Háje) to the Muzeum station (1 stop). Then change to line A (direction Dejvická) and get off at the second station, Staroměstská. (The journey takes ca. 15 minutes.)
- From Holešovice railway station: on the exit from the railway station turn right and continue ca. 100 meters to the tram stop. Take the tram line 17 (direction Sídliště Modřany) and get off at the 8th stop, Karlovy lázně (ca. 13 minutes journey).
Most buses arrive at the Florenc bus station.
To the venue:
- At city-bus stop Florenc (in the Ke Štvanici street) take the bus line 207 (direction Staroměstská) to the terminal station Staroměstská (ca. 11 minutes).
- Alternatively, from Florenc bus station take the underground line C (direction Háje) to the Muzeum station (2 stops). Then change to line A (direction Dejvická) and get off at the second station, Staroměstská. (The journey takes ca. 15 minutes.)
From Staroměstská underground station (line A)
Either walk (ca. 400 meters) or take the tram line 17 or 18 and get off at the first stop, Karlovy lázně. See Google maps.
By car (recommended to reach your hotel only)
There are almost no parking places near the conference venue. The price is CZK 50,-/hour in the underground parking Rudolfinum.